Follow a multidisciplinary approach from initial ADHD assessment and diagnosis, through to subsequent management and family support.
Accreditation: Allocated 4 CPD Activity Points (Activity 191612) with RACGP | Allocated 2 CPD Activity Points (Activity ID 19229) with ACRRM
Facilitated by Dr Jo Adendorff and Dr Hilton Koppe, this webinar will bring together an expert multidisciplinary panel consisting of a GP, Paediatrician, Child Psychologist and School Counseller. The case will follow the journey of an early primary school aged child – starting with concerns raised about behaviour by his class teacher, and following through his diagnosis and management.
This case study will be explored in a Q&A style presentation. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions to the panel throughout the discussion.
- Allocated 4 CPD Activity Points (Activity 191612) with RACGP.
- Allocated 2 CPD Activity Points (Activity ID 19229) with ACRRM.
- 1.5 CPD hours for nurses and allied health professionals.
What you will learn
- Recognise how children with ADHD may present in general practice.
- Develop a framework in considering differential diagnoses.
- Refer appropriately to local services available for assessment and management.
- Explain how other clinicians contribute to the management of ADHD in a multidisciplinary team approach.