Assisting health professionals with their interactions with patients living with dementia, and their families and carers.
Accreditation: Allocated 2 RACGP points Activity 206588
Dementia is a common presentation in general practice. It is the leading cause of death in women in Australia and second leading cause of death overall.
This webinar has been designed to assist GPs and nurses in their interactions with people with dementia and their family/carers. The webinar will include an interactive discussion with panelists outlining frameworks for making it easier to assess people presenting with dementia.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage with the panel.
- Allocated 2 RACGP points Activity 206588
What you will learn
- Outline the difficulty in diagnosing and managing dementia despite it being a common cause of death.
- Apply the Inclusion Criteria Framework in assessing patients for a possible diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Dementia.
- Apply the Exclusion Criteria Framework in assessing patients for a possible diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Dementia.
- Recognise features other than memory loss in people with dementia by applying the Domains Framework.
What Others Have Said
I found this webinar very informative and very very interesting, being able to ask questions that I have thought about while working with clients with the early signs of dementia has been a great asset to me, so thank you I look forward to more webinars on this terrible disease.