A practical guide for Nurses and General Practitioners confused about the Aged Care system and home care package.
Are you confused about the Aged Care system and frustrated by how difficult it is to coordinate care for patients receiving a home care package?
This webinar will provide practical information to make it easier to:
- assist your patients to understand and access the home care system, and
- work with care providers to optimise care for your elderly patients.
With more than one million Australians receiving aged care in the home and more than 120,000 awaiting a higher level of care than what they are currently receiving, many elderly patients and their families turn to their trusted medical practice to help them make sense of the complexities of aged care services. For nurses and GPs, understanding exactly what can be accessed, how these services are allocated and what sort of care can be provided can be mysterious.
This one hour webinar will help unravel the mystery and will provide you with a practical overview of the different home care services available in Australia. It will address common issues faced by those in general practice who are involved with caring for elderly patients and their families.
Practical topics for discussion include:
- the who, how and when of registering for My Aged Care
- navigating the home assessment process
- accessing services and how long it might take
- demystifying how the costs are worked out
- understanding who controls the funding and decides how it is spent
- what happens when things change
What you will learn
At the completion of this webinar you will learn how to:
- Describe the function of the My Aged Care intake and assessment process.
- Identify some of the challenges and barriers that patients may face when accessing home care.
- Explain the difference in the services provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and the Home Care Packages (HCP) programmes, including funding arrangements and the fees that apply.