Learn how to avoid costly recruitment mistakes and improve your ability to source and secure ideal candidates.
Recruiting the right staff gives your practice stability and supports its long-term viability and reputation. However, sometimes a perfect applicant may not accept your offer of employment or a new recruit may turn out to be unsuitable for your role. Recruitment mistakes can easily happen but these are costly, time consuming and place enormous workload stress on remaining staff.
Recruiting the right person for your role cannot be learnt in a textbook alone – it also requires common-sense, intuition and lateral thinking. This informative session, presented by Ruth Levy, will provide you the tools to know:
- How to source applicants for your role – when and where to advertise,
- Writing interesting advertisements which attract the right applicants,
- Determining which applicants to interview and preparing for the interviews,
- Conducting effective interviews to identify the most suitable applicant for your role,
- Conducting effective reference checking, and
- Understanding the offer and negotiation stage.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage with the panel.
What you will learn
- Apply lateral thinking and creativity to your recruitment process.
- Assess the long-term alignment and commitment of potential applicants.
- Manage a smooth end-to-end recruitment process.