How to navigate the maze of type 2 diabetes medications.
Are you confident that you are making the best prescribing decisions for your diabetic patients?
The proliferation of new classes of drugs has made management of type 2 diabetes more complex. This webinar will give you the confidence to prescribe new medications (including non-insulin injectables).
Join Dr Peter Silberberg, as he leads this case based discussion about prescribing non-insulin based therapies for type 2 diabetes, together with Dr Chelsea McMahon (Endocinologist) and Dr Jenni Parsons (General Practitioner).
The panel will explore prescribing dual and triple therapies as well as how to engage patients in decision making, safety netting for adverse outcomes, up to date evidence and PBS criteria.
You will have the opportunity to participate in live discussion with the presenter during this interactive event.
RACGP & ACRRM points pending.
- Prescribe first line medication for type 2 diabetes.
- Prescribe second and third line medications beyond metformin.
- Explain medication to patients to avoid side effects.
- Institute appropriate safety netting to prevent serious adverse outcomes.
- Use resources to assist in making patient directed decisions on appropriate prescribing.
Non Subscriber Ticket
If you are not a Cape Institute subscriber, you can still enrol to participate in this webinar.
If you are a Cape Institute subscriber please sign in before selecting your membership during enrolment.