Educating Practice Receptionists how to maintaining client privacy at front of house.
Date: Wednesday 4 November 2020, 7:00pm – 8:00pm AEDT
Privacy and respect are essential elements of quality health care and exceptional customer service, as well as being a key component of the RACGP accreditation standards for General Practices. Front desk and reception staff are the front door to your healthcare practice and have the first opportunity to impress patients.
Privacy and respect are a sense that the patient feels when they enter your reception room – body language, eye contact, a clean and tidy reception desk are all non-verbal cues that convey a sense of trust between patient and care provider.
How practices manage data, social media and requests of patient information are also important elements of protecting patient privacy and maintaining trust.
Join David Wenban for this one hour interactive webinar as he discusses the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality and shares practical strategies and tips to assist practice receptionists and front desk staff meet privacy obligations and deliver a great experience for patients.
RACGP Standards for General Practice (5th Edition):
- Core Standard 6: Information Management
- Core Standard 8
What you will learn
At the completion of this webinar Receptionists and front desk staff will:
- Understand the difference between confidentiality and privacy.
- Understand the principals of good customer service that ensure patient privacy.
- Understand the impact of social media on privacy for patients and employees.
- Be aware of the important steps to take when a request is made for patient records.